Banner

Banner

[NEWS] TOP almost became blind when he filmed 'Into The Fire'? (110202)

| Wednesday, February 2

The press conference of the war film was held in a Tokyo Japan. TOP (Choi Seung Hyun) has featured in the film which was directed by Jehan Lee. The film is about 71 students who got involved in the war and they were mobilized by the nation to fight in the Korean War in 1950. The actor, including TOP have demonstrated their excellent skills of acting in it and the battle scene was made very real since they consumed about two tons of gunpowder in it. 

The role that TOP took was a student soldier of South Korea and he was appointed to fight in the war. The director said,' it is a moment to be remembered. Since I tried to shoot the tragic war in a different dimension. I think having wars are the most suffering issues for human being. I think shooting this film is the turning point of my career.'

TOP said "the shooting of every day was just like a 'war' since in a war movie, there were a lot of fighting scenes, so it was east to hurt myself or others to some extent. Everyday, after the shooting, when I looked into the mirror, I could find wounds and bruises scattered over my body. While looking back, he also elaborated, 'The most difficult part in filming the movie was that my eyes almost got blind when there were some fragments of explosives went into my eyes. When I was admitted to the hospital, I was told that I was on the verge of becoming blind.I am still scared about it now." He said it was even more frightening when they had to film the street scenes at the beginning of the film since it seemed to be real. 

'At that time, I was informed by the director that explosives were put everywhere in the scene and when the real shooting was carried out, I got injuries on my head and I felt I was really fighting in a battlefield and I felt shocked to some extent too.' Since it is the first leading role that he took, the director praised his good acting skills, 'he is very imaginative and he possesses everything that a performer needs. And of course, his look cannot be neglected, either.(laugh).' 

When asked about his experience of working with the seniors, he said, 'It is really a great chance for me to work with them and I have a lot to learn from them. I also want to be regarded as a brother.'

On the previous day, the premiere was held in Japan which attracted lots of fans. On that day, TOP told jokes to his friends and when a photographer told him to 'smile', he is willing to cooperate and bring many laughter's and poses to the stage. The film i going to be shown in Japan starting from 19th, February in Kadokawa Shinzyuku Cinema, Japan.



Source: Tokyoheadline
Edited, tranlated and Share: Rice@BigbangWORLD 

(Please take OUT with full credits!^^) Share
 

Copyright © 2010 BIGBANGWORLD